RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES
THE FOLLOWING FREE ONLINE SERVICES
The Regional Income Tax Agency (R.I.T.A.)at www.ritaohio.com.
R.I.T.A. E-File: A quick, easy and secure way to file your municipal income taxes online with R.I.T.A.
Individuals Are Provided The Following Features
- A simple step-by-step calculation of taxes or refunds
- Ability to file even if you moved in 2011
- Electronic transfer of refunds into checking or savings accounts
- Pay by credit card or ACH (electronic debit of checking or savings accounts)
- Delay payment of taxes – file as early as you like and set up an ACH payment anytime before April 15th
- Here’s what you need to E-FILE
- Social Security numbers for you and your spouse
- W-2 forms from all employers
- 1099 forms and Federal Schedules C, E, & F
- Date of move for residents that moved in 2011
- Bank Routing and Account numbers – for a fast refund or to pay electronically
Employers Have The Following Choices
- Monthly or Quarterly Withholding returns
- Fill in a simple form online, or
- Attach a payroll file
- Annual Withholding Reconciliation returns
- Upload W-2 data with online filing, or
- Save W-2 data to CD and mail to R.I.T.A.
R.I.T.A. E-Payment: A convenient, simple and secure method to pay municipal income taxes online. R.I.T.A. uses the latest Internet security technology to secure your transaction. All you need is your bank routing number and account number found at the bottom of your checks.
R.I.T.A. E-Registration: A fast and simple electronic method to establish your municipal tax account with R.I.T.A., if you have not previously filed a municipal tax return with R.I.T.A.
Individuals – resident and non-resident registration requirements:
Business registration requirements:
§ A Corporation, Partnership, Sole Proprietor, Single Member LLC, Trust or Estate that has a business located in and/or conducts business in a R.I.T.A. municipality but has never filed a municipal tax return with R.I.T.A.
Who is NOT required to register with R.I.T.A.?
- Any resident or business entity that has previously filed a municipal tax return with R.I.T.A.
- Any resident or business entity that is located in a new R.I.T.A. municipality that has previously filed a municipal tax return with that same municipality.
- Any resident or business entity that is not obligated to file a municipal tax return with R.I.T.A.
Fast – Simple – Secure – Free.
For more information log on to www.ritaohio.com or call 800.860.7482
Brecksville, OH 44141