SCHEDULE FOR COUNCIL MEETINGS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers of the Municipal Building, located at 36080 Chester Road, in Avon, Ohio.
Work Sessions of Council are held the first and third Mondays of each month, with the exception of July and August, when there is a Work Session only on the first Monday.
Regular Meetings of Council are held on the second and fourth Mondays of each month, with the exception of July and August, when there is a Regular Meeting only on the second Monday.
When a holilday falls on a Monday, the Council meetings are held on the next business day. Special Meetings are held as necessary and will be posted at least 24 hours in advance.
- Regular Meeting of Council
- Formal meetings at which Council votes on legislation, issues and minutes of previous meetings.
- Special Meeting of Council
- Meetings called periodically to address issues which require more immediate attention and cannot, or should not, wait to be placed on a Regular Meeting agenda.
- Work Session of Council
- Informal meetings at which Council gathers information and discusses the issues and legislation to be acted upon by the City and at Regular or Special Meetings.