Utilities - Water & Sewer
The Avon Utilities Department strives to ensure that quality drinking water and sewer service are provided to every resident of Avon. We take great pride in doing so with proactive and responsive customer service.
Water Distribution System
The City of Avon is an Ohio EPA Class I Licensed Public Water System serving nearly 24,000 residents. All water is purchased from Avon Lake Regional Water however all infrastructure is built and maintained by The City of Avon Utilities Department. The distribution system consists of 130 miles of water main, 2 elevated water towers, 1 ground storage tank, 2 booster stations, 1,900 fire hydrants, 3,500 valves and nearly 12,000 water meters.
Water Monitoring and Testing
The Utilities Department monitors chlorine levels in the system 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The water supply is also sampled according to Ohio EPA requirements which includes 25 bacteria samples per month as well as periodic lead and copper, disinfectant byproducts and chlorine and hardness samples.
Please see the Avon Water Quality Report (CCR) for further water testing information
Sanitary Sewer Collection System
The City of Avon Sanitary Sewer Collection System is serviced by both the French Creek Waste Water Treatment Plant and the Avon Lake Waste Water Treatment Plant. The Collection system consists of 100 miles of sewer main, 4 Lift Stations and more than 3,000 manholes.
- Abandonment Factsheet
- Abandonment Permit Form
- Assessment Procedures
- Construction Costs
- Detroit Rd Highway Easement Acquisition Exhibit
- Detroit Rd Highway Easement Acquisition Exhibit with Sanitary Sewers
- Detroit Rd Widening Concept Plan
- OEPA Findings & Orders
- Project Overview Plan
- Tap In Estimated Costs
- Resident Letter - 8-6-2019
- Resident Letter Basement Service Elevation - 5-29-2018
- Resident Letter Basement Service Elevation Needed 5-29-2018
- Resident Meeting Presentation
- Resolution No. R-22-19 - Certified
- Tap In Estimated Costs @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>