Curbside leaf collection is provided by the City of Avon in the FALL ONLY. The Street Department will begin picking up leaves curbside towards the end of October through the first week in December, weather permitting. After that, leaves will need to be put in your trash bin for the regularly scheduled trash pick-up. Please keep the following in mind when preparing your leaves for the City to pick them up:
• Leaves should be placed on your tree lawn area and NOT in the street.
• Be sure NOT to include any branches and/or other debris with your leaves.
• The Street Crews follow a route throughout the City and they cannot schedule a specific date and time for pick up.
• Our Crews usually can get through the entire City in a one-week period, however, it can take as long as two weeks to complete a full route. This is dependent on how much is out there and whether-or-not there are more urgent concerns that the Street Department must address, especially when it comes to snow and ice on the roadways.
• If you have a great deal of leaves out, you may contact the Service Department at 440-937-5729.
• During the Spring, leaves should be put in the proper paper refuge bags and placed curbside on your regularly scheduled trash pick up day. This service is offered by the trash company and usually runs from mid-April through the end of November. Please check your Bulk Week Calendar for specific Yard Waste Pickup dates.