Any individual or entity operating in the capacity of a contractor within the city limits of Avon is required to register with the Building Department. No plan approval/permit will be issued to a contractor until such registration has been satisfactorily completed.
Requirements for Contractor Registration
- A completed City of Avon Contractor Registration Packet (PDF)
- An original $10,000.00 license/performance bond on the City of Avon Bond Form
- A fee of $75.00, which is good for a calendar year for both new registrations and renewals
- A Certificate of Insurance ($100,000 for liability) the City of Avon is to be named as certificate holder
- (City of Avon does not need to be the "Additionally Insured")
- A completed R.I.T.A. form, which is included in the registration packet
- A copy of your State license for Electrical, H.V.A.C., Plumbing, Hydronics, and Refrigeration
- Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation Certificate
**Please include a current email address to send an email copy of your registration or a self-addressed
stamped envelope for the registration to be mailed.